I saw this quote on Facebook the other day that made me laugh – so so true: “Rocking a baby to sleep is actually a lot less like a Johnson & Johnson commercial and a lot more like wrestling a 20 lg bag of snakes” (quote from Meghan S.) And here I am – trying to rock not only one, but TWO, babies to sleep in the middle of the night. My two wonderful, beautiful, oh so challenging reflux babies that seem to need endless rocking to settle to sleep…My sister in-law said the best baby rockers were a life saver for her with her kids, and after recommendation from her we purchased the Fisher-Price Cradle’n Swing.
By the way, here’s me doing the “double-rock” of Emma and Lily – I swear I’m a lot more stressed out than I look
I’ve only been using the rocker for a week or so, but it is fast becoming my most loved baby item ever! Here’s why:
- It settles the babies! oh the pure happiness when your kid goes from crying frantically to slowly closing her eyes in peace. Priceless.
- Swing features three seat positions, has six speeds, and volume control. I personally prefer the volume fairly low, and luckily both Emma and Lily agree with me. So far.
- Several music / lullaby options and nature sound effects.
- Allows side to side cradle motion and head to toe swinging motion. Both babies reacted really well to both options. I must admit it took me a couple of days to try out all features, and I got so excited to notice the head to toe swinging motion. If I was a baby, then that would be my favourite motion Bubbas seems to like both.
- Folds for storage. Not that I will ever ever fold it away, hehe…
- Large dome mirror and soft clouds with sweet lambs entertain baby from above. Ok, I have taken this sentence from the product description. Not that my babies don’t like it, I just haven’t seen them react too much to this entertainment yet. This may change in the next few weeks, and I’ll try to remember to make a note of it then.
Lily all passed out Too cute.
So needless to say, I highly recommend the Fisher-Price Cradle’n Swing. I haven’t tried a lot of other swings, however, will go as far as to say it’s one of the best baby rockers on the market.
As always, I’d love to hear from you. Thinking of getting a baby rocker? Or do you have first hand experience with this one or other rockers? Please feel free to comment below.
Have a fabulous day!